The healthy alternative for tanning beds and sun bathing is self-tanning solution. Regular and proper use of tanning solution avoid from getting the stripes, light and dark areas. Tanning lotions applied properly tends to look natural as formulas related to self tanners have been improved day by day.
Before applying the tanning products, be sure to differentiate between self face tanning products and self body tanning products. We have different types of skin on face and on our body. The skin of the face is little bit lighter then the skin of the body.
With every use, the self tanners get darker and darker. It is just like a dye. Over a period of time they tan the skin and add the color due to the presence of dihydroxyacetone. Gradually the use of tanners result into golden color as the self tanners reacts with proteins and amino acid. Some varieties of self tanners are spray self tanners, mousse self tanners, cream self tanners and gel self tanners. The major ingredients of the tanning products are antioxidants, aloe vera, essential oils, sunflower oil, natural oils, minerals and natural botanical extracts, and vitamin B, C, D and E. To give immediate color to the skin some people use indoor tanning lotions which contain bronzers.
Following things are required before the application-
1. Body brush
2. Oily body lotion
4. Body exfoliator
5. Facial tanning lotion
6. Tanning lotion for body
Steps involved in applying the self tanners properly-
1. For even appearance, exfoliate the affected areas. Moisturize the dry and rough areas like elbows and knees. You may start this process at least couple of days before the application of self tanning.
2. Scrub the skin of rough areas and exfoliate the dead skin cells while taking shower. Shower must be taken before using the solution. Before using the self tanner you must wax your legs.
3. Once you have cleaned your body properly and rough dead skin has been sloughed off then you are ready for the application of self tanner.
4. Start from one area and apply the lotion evenly to your body. Be sure to apply the lotion properly in each and every area.
5. Before you want to sleep or want to rest in a position that there is a possibility of the lotion to be rubbed off, allow the lotion applied to be different parts of the body to become dry. If you will do this then it will result in an uneven color.
Note: You should be cautious enough while following these steps.