The symptoms of common cold are sore throat, coughing, a stuffy nose and sneezing. Cold is caused by different types of viruses. Different people suffer from different types of symptoms. This illness is very common and almost every people suffer from it and many times. Common cold always ends by the formation of coughs and sometimes it is dangerous also. To do the right medication and to avoid the unnecessary visit to the doctor it is necessary to recognize the symptom of cold.
There are different types of coughs having a distinct quality and distinct cause factor. They are:
* Wet, productive cough caused due to flu, pneumonia or bronchitis.
* Dry cough caused due to flu, cold, bronchitis or allergies.
* Wet, non productive cough caused due to flu, cold or bronchitis.
* Pneumonia or bronchitis may result into painful cough.
* When cough last for 2-3 weeks then it is a chronic.
* Children usually suffer from croup cough which sounds like a seal bark.
Initially for cold and cough people prefer to have the home and natural remedies. There are lots of natural home remedies for cold and cough.
* Steam inhalation for 1-2 minutes and massaging the chest of the child with warm ghee or oil.
* Half teaspoon of chyawanprash (Ayurvedic herbal preparation) if taken regularly can prevent cold and cough to occur.
* Whenever your nose is blocked tie some carom seeds (ajwain) in a muslin cloth inhale it.
* Vitamin C is very helpful in improving the immune system of the body or to fight against the virus so increase the intake of the fruits which are rich in vitamin C such as sweet lime, lemon, orange, strawberries etc.
* For treating cold and cough take a glass of warm water, add a teaspoon of honey in it and squeeze a lemon. Drink this solution for three days at least twice.
* Make a solution of one cup of water, two pieces of ginger and sugar. Drink this solution hot after boiling and straining.
* One teaspoon of turmeric powder mixed with a cup of hot milk. You can add sugar for taste. If it is taken at least once in night before going to bed, it will definitely give a good effect. It is a very popular remedy.
* Ginger juice mixed with honey is very beneficial for cold and cough.
* Another good remedy for cold and cough is the combination of ajwain (carom seeds) and turmeric powder mixed in the warm milk and should be taken at least two or three times a day.
* Rest and relaxation is must to get well soon.
* Especially chicken soup if taken hot is very helpful in clearing the nasal passage.
* It is very beneficial for sore throat to gargle with warm and salty water as many times as you can.