Sinusitis is one of the most commonly found infections around the world. Sinus infection is caused by small cavities known as sinuses which are present in bones near the nose. Due to swollen nasal passage these cavities gets obstructed usually because of dirt or dust. Sinusitis is a situation in which there is a swelling in those small cavities or also known as sinuses due to some infection. And as a result, it becomes difficult to breathe which further causes discomforts such as fever, headaches, irritation, cold and flu.
There is a free exchange of mucus and air through each and every opening of all cavities or sinuses. All cavities are joined to one another by a mucous membrane lining. Diseases like asthma or infections like fever, inflames the sinuses and lining which blocks the free exchange of air and mucus resulting in severe pains and pressure on sinus walls.
Sinus infection can have a negative impact on brain with many other chronic problems, pains and discomforts. There are no effective treatment plans for sinusitis but one can get a lot of relief by coping with the symptoms like nasal blocking, runny nose, headaches, inflamed eyelids, etc.
The following home remedies can be of great help to cope up with mild or chronic sinus infections as the case may be. Though these home remedies will also provide relief in cases of severe or chronic sinus infections but it is advisable to consult a specialist for a professional opinion.
1. One of the very simple and effective home remedies for sinusitis is inhaling steam from a vaporizer or inhaling vapors arising out of hot bowl of water. This should be done after every second minute with a gap of 30 seconds at least for 10-12 minutes throughout the day.
2. Garlic juice can help in fighting bacteria's of sinus infection thus providing a great relief to the affected person. Also one can add chopped garlic in bowl of hot water to inhale its steam. This process should be repeated for at least 2-4 times a day.
3. Many diseases can be cured by drinking pots of water. You should make an effort to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. It helps in boosting the immune system.
4. Another home remedy for sinusitis is to mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with warm water and drink it for about 2-4 times a day.
5. One can add few drops of eucalyptus oil in hot water and take its steam for 2-4 times a day for at least 8-10 minutes. It cures common cold and fever.
6. Drinking glasses of warm water periodically throughout the day is also one of the most effective home remedies for sinus infections.
7. Drinking warm soups by adding garlic in it can cure headaches.
8. One should clear its nasal passage regularly in order to prevent the blockages.
9. Having lots of citrus fruits also provide relief.
These are the certain methods or treatments that help a patient in easing out the acute pain and other discomforts arising out of the chronic sinus infections. If still the infection continues you should consult a professional.