Sometimes, when you are not ready to take up the responsibility of a baby, you find you are pregnant. Many women are shocked to find out that they are pregnant mostly, if they are not in a position to give birth to a child or if their pregnancy is not approved by their partner. Many women do not want to have a baby because of their financial weakness or professional instability.
Sometimes, women are pregnant after being raped and in such cases; the woman may be ashamed of informing about the pregnancy to her family and relatives, who are not ready to welcome the unborn baby. Women may be afraid and may try to find out other options to get out of the problems.
If a woman (who does not want to be pregnant), suspects she is pregnant, she should immediately follow these steps:
1. She should first contact a medical practitioner to confirm her pregnancy.
2. Take medications which are needed to stay healthy. Take care of yourself to prevent pregnancy related medical issues.
3. Quit smoking, alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
4. Talk to a counselor and seek support from someone, you can trust.
5. Women who had unprotected sex, may suffer from STDs, which can be transmitted to the baby and one should immediately take medication not prevent the baby from getting infected.
Many women may suffer from financial problems during pregnancy as she may not have health covers.
There are three options for a woman in case of unplanned pregnancy:
1. Woman can continue pregnancy and raise the baby.
2. Woman can give birth to the baby and give the baby for adoption.
3. She can go for abortion.
Ways of Abortion
Abortion has many risks which should be considered before going for it. In many countries, there are strict rules for abortion and there are different methods adopted by specialists for abortion. Abortion can be carried out till twenty-fourth week of pregnancy but in case the child has severe medical issues, the women may go for abortion even at a later stage.
Using drugs: Woman may take drugs recommended by a medical practitioner for abortion. If a abortion drug is taken in the initial nine weeks of pregnancy, the women may expel the unborn fetus in some hours and she may not have to stay in hospital for abortion. But if the abortion drugs are taken after nine weeks, the woman may have to take more than one abortion pills and she may have to stay under strict examination in hospital to prevent health danger.
Surgery for abortion: Surgery can be done for abortion and the doctor may remove the pregnancy by placing a tube inside the vagina up to the cervix and using the method of suction termination. It can be done in five to fifteenth week of pregnancy, and the women may not have to stay in hospital for abortion.
After fifteen weeks, the medical practitioner may use surgical dilation to remove the womb. And after twenty-four weeks it is not advisable to remove the womb as it requires complex surgery, which can be dangerous for the women.