There are many kinds of worm infestations found in human body. Mostly, children are infected by worms and some of the common symptoms are abdominal pain, anaemia, flatulence, itching of anus, constipation and increased appetite. Worms can infect the blood stream, the stomach and intestine, and it can affect the growth of the children. Some common form of worms are tapeworm, hookworm and threadworm. Threadworm causes pain in the rectum and it can cause constipation. Hookworm can cause anaemia and other nutritional disorder. Roundworms can cause weight loss, vomiting, nausea, jaundice and inflammations in various body parts.
Worms are mostly found in countries having rainy climatic conditions and it can be caused if the food taken is not cleaned properly. Half cooked meat or raw meat can cause tapeworm and it can also spread through faeces of dog. Hookworm infects a person who walks barefoot and has an unhygienic living style.
1. In home remedies for worm infestation, the patient is first given jaggery and after some time bishop's weed, which dislocates the worms found in the intestine.
2. Coconut milk and fresh ground coconut can be taken with food to get rid of intestinal worms. The patient can also take castor oil and milk after a few hours of taking coconut milk.
3. Garlic oil and raw garlic can taken early in the morning in empty stomach to get rid of worms. Mashed cloves of garlic can be massaged with mustard oil on feet to allow garlic into the body (for people who do not like the taste of raw garlic).
4. Take only grated carrot in the breakfast. It will clean the intestinal tract.
5. For children above three years: Raw Papaya contains papain, which can kill worms such as roundworm found in the digestive tract. It can be taken with honey and hot water. The treatment is best for kids, who are allergic to strong medicines, but the age of kids should not be less than three years. Papaya seeds contain caricin, which can get rid of worms. The powder of the seeds can be taken with milk in the morning, in empty stomach. Papaya leaves contain carpaine, which is also effective against worms and it can be taken with warm water.
6. Intestinal worms can be removed using pomegranate tree bark taken from the stem or the roots. The bark contains punicine, which can kill tapeworms. This can be taken after boiling it with water and kids should take not more than thirty to sixty millilitre of mixture.
7. Crushed Pumpkin seeds can be taken in empty stomach.
8. Bitter gourd juice can be taken twice a day to get rid of worms.
9. Juice of margosa is effective in killing worms. This is a popular home remedy for worm infestation.
10. Turmeric powder can be taken with honey.
11. Onion juice taken twice a day helps in removing worms.
12. Bamboo leaves are useful against threadworms.
13. Ash gourd can be taken with coconut milk to get rid of tapeworm.