When any bone in the body gets cracked or breaks, then it is said to be a fracture. This fracture is of two kinds, closed or simple. When the skin, which covers the bone remains unharmed or it is open or composite when the bone cracks the skin. In a situation, when a fracture takes place, it results in awful pain and swelling in the portion fractured, accompanied with tenderness and some blood is noticed under the skin. There is lack of sensation and itchy or paralysis below the wounded portion of the body. In case an arm or the leg is fractured, then the victim could lose the pulse below the injured area. Mostly older people suffer from fracture comparing to younger children. It is due to the reason that as the older people grow their bones get weakened and delicate, so they take more time to cure the fracture.
A fracture can be cured completely after some medications that are provided by your health care provider. Here are the suggestions that would help the victim to cure once the bone is set. The mass of the bone increases each year continuously till the life ends around the age of 31-41. In reality, bones lose their density every year after the age of 31 in both cases of men and women equally. In order to help in promoting the strength of our bones, studies have declared that consuming calcium regularly is significant.
There are several home remedies that are found to be beneficial in treating broken bones. Following are the natural, herbal and home remedies suggested to heal the bone that has been set by medical treatment.
1. Consume at least half pineapple daily till the fractured bone is cured completely. As it contains bromelain, it is an enzyme that helps to minimize tenderness and inflammation. Do not consume processed or canned pineapples. If you don't like pineapple, you can also opt for the supplement of bromelain. Its effect is same as that of pineapple.
2. Do not consume red meat and avoid consuming colas and other products containing caffeine.
3. Try not to consume preservative foods as they consist of phosphorus, which can further result in loss of bone.
4. Consume Boron. It is essential to keep yourself fit and cure the bone.
5. Add calcium, magnesium and potassium in your diet as they are significant to renovate the injured bone and to sustain a good muscle.
6. Taking zinc can help to refurbish the injured tissue.
7. Horsetail is particularly suggested because it contains considerable amount of silica, which helps in absorbing and utilizing calcium.
8. Comfrey consists of allontoin that encourages the formation of new tissue, on the other hand it also consist of pyrrolizidine alkaloids that are traumatic for the liver. Do not use this remedy if you are pregnant.
9. Plantain leaf that consists of allantoin and no pyrrolizidine alkaloids can be used as a protective alternate.
10. A supplement of Dolomite and Bonemeal helps to rebuild the bone.