Heel spurs are the bones expanded abnormally, that are present in heels to lead to uneasiness and discomfort accompanied with irritation in the affected portion. People who are engaged more in physical activities and perform several sports activities are mostly found to suffer from this disorder. This problem may take place by lifting of weighty objects. In order to get rid of the heel spurs, there are several home remedies available. But for severe situations, one should take the help of the medical treatment.
Heel spurs are calcified hooks that stick out from the heel. It takes place as a consequence of planter fasciitis. A group of fibrous tissue known as planter fascia runs from heel to foot. This planter fascia pulls the heel bone resulting in heel spurs. This can also create deposits of calcium to form at the place of injury. The deposits of calcium forms a bony, hook-like projection of the heel bone called as heel spurs.
Following are the home remedies that are found to be effective in this problem -
1. Orthopedic Molds: An orthopedic mold is very helpful for fighting this problem. It is easily available in the market. You just have to set it in your shoes under the heels, which would make you relief from the pain.
2. Chlorinated Water: This water helps in making the pain disappear and binges the irritation on the affected portion.
3. Applying Apple Cider Vinegar: This is a common home remedy for treating heel spurs. Cut a paper in the shape of your heels and drench it in the solution of apple cider vinegar. Set it in the shoes where your heels are placed, wear it on regular basis to see an expected result.
4. Molasses: Make a mixture of baking soda, molasses and apple cider vinegar; apply it on the affected area, to treat heel spurs from outer side of the legs.
5. Borax Solution: Drench your feet in the borax solution on regular basis, and notice the reduced pain and inflammation in next few days. It is a good home remedy for heel spurs.
6. Cabbage Leaves: For the treatment of heel spurs, cabbage leaves helps. Wrap the cabbage leaves on the heel spurs and let it be there for some time.
7. Cheese Cloth: Soak the cheese cloth in the linseed oil and cover it around the heel. Keep it for at least 120-180 minutes.
8. Coconut Oil: Rub the coconut oil on the heel spurs to get relief from discomforts and pain caused by it.
9. Ice Pack: Massage the ice cubes on the affected area to lessen the pain and irritation. This also aids in relaxing the muscles.
10. Curcumin: Curcumin is referred to the yellow pigment found in turmeric, which helps in treating heel spurs.
11. Alfalfa Tea: Drinking alfalfa tea two times a day and consuming foods, that are enriched in calcium is considered to be one of the best remedy that helps to lessen the discomfort and pain.
12. Flaxseed: The pack of flaxseed may be applied on daily basis to the heel spurs to reduce the pain and inflammation.