In reality, muscle strain is throbbing and it can attack any person irrespective of gender and age. Any wound in elbows, wrists, knees and ankles results in muscle strains. In this situation, muscles get tender and cause pain. Muscles also get tender due to inflammation of the muscles. A fracture can also result in muscle strain.
Muscle strain refers to the damage in the muscles or its attaching tendons. The muscle strain can result in spoiling of small blood vessels causing bleeding and pain. There are symptoms by which one can identify that a person is suffering from muscle strain. These symptoms include -
1. Tenderness, bruising, redness, open cuts as the result of injury.
2. Pain while taking a nap.
3. Feeling of pain when the particular muscle or the joint related to that muscle is used.
4. Fragileness of the muscles or tendons.
5. When the person is unable to use that muscles.
Certain home remedies are provided to heal the muscle strain. Those remedies are described below.
1. Ice cubes can be applied to the muscles that are painful. This makes the muscles feel no sensation and further helps in relieving the pain. You can also wrap a piece of ice cube in a cloth and tie the cloth over the paining muscles. You will feel some relief from swelling and pain.
2. If you think hot treatment is better than cold ones. You can also try applying hot water over the paining muscles. You may add some Epsom salt in the water and set the water to boil to make it enough hot. Dip the painful muscle in the water and maintain for some time. Then wipe out with a towel and put a bandage on it.
3. Take a proper nap, so that your muscles get time to relax for some time. The healing effect may differ from person to person.
4. Do not keep any weighty thing on the paining muscles or in other words do not put pressure on the paining muscles as it may lead to further injury.
5. If you keep the affected area bandaged then it won't further swell.
6. Stretch your muscles every time you remember as it will help in the proper circulation of blood.
7. You must consume good amount of calcium and potassium as these helps to maintain strong joints, bones and muscles.
8. Using clove oil over the affected area will help in relieving pain and also aid in quick recovery. The oil applied on the affected area must be warm for instant relief.
9. Put some garlic oil over the painful muscles that will help to give you some relief from the inflammation. As garlic is known for its anti-inflammatory feature.
10. You can also apply some sesame oil over the straining muscles. Since it is also one of the effective home remedies that can help in treating strain in muscles.
11. Fry some pepper powder in the sesame oil till it is cooked well and then apply on the affected area.