What is exfoliation? It's the simple process of removing the dead cell from the surface of your skin. So, when we remove dead cell, the new cell will come out and your skin will have a new irresistible glow. The new layer would look much fresher, cleaner and smoother compared to the old one. Making a habit of exfoliating is really a remedy to wrinkles and other skin problems. Exfoliation happens naturally on your skin; however, there are certain factors which reduce the speed of this process. For the same reason, we have to do it by manual means. Oily skin can slow the natural exfoliation process.
Let's have a look at the common advantages of exfoliation. It can reduce the wrinkles, hence make you look youthful. Skin tone also gets improved. Discoloration and blotchiness gets reduced marginally. Scars also will be less visible. You may do exfoliation not just on your face; you can try this on your entire body.
Now, let's see how we can effectively exfoliate with the help of home remedies.
1. Make a mix of baking soda and face lotion. Both must be of one tablespoon each. Apply this gently on your face, and scrub it in circular motion. Then wash it and allow your skin to moisturize.
2. Prepare a paste with the following ingredients, one egg white, half cup of honey and one full cup of instant oatmeal. Apply this on fresh skin and make sure that you apply it in circular motion. Keep it there for 15 minutes, then rinse it and allow your skin to moisturize.
3. Make a mix of half teaspoon sea salt and one teaspoon baking soda. Apply this mix on your skin and rinse it after 15 minutes. Then moisturize your skin. This herbal remedy would give quick results since baking soda has the ability to polish your skin and sea salt has the ability to scrub your skin.
4. Try another paste which you can easily prepare at home. Take half teaspoon tomato juice, half teaspoon honey, half teaspoon milk, one teaspoon crushed almond and few drops of patchouli oil. Then mix all these ingredients together to make a paste. Apply this on your wet skin and rinse it after 15 minutes. Make sure that you apply it in circular motion.
5. Next, mix the following ingredients together to make a paste, one teaspoon green gram (moong) dal, one teaspoon gram dal, few drops of patchouli oil, little rose water and enough milk to form the paste. Apply this paste on your fresh skin for 15 minutes and wash it off with water after that.
6. Take some aloe vera gel or juice, add one tablespoon of baking soda to this. Apply this smooth paste on your skin in circular motion. You can rinse it after 1-2 minutes and results will be there for you to see.
7. Take these ingredients and mix them together, ground almonds, honey, strawberries, oatmeal and cucumber. Apply this mix on the wet skin and wash it after 15 minutes. Then moisturize your skin.